Tools for Fundraising
Planning and organizing a fundraising event is one way to support the Cystinosis Research Foundation and the cystinosis community. Fundraising events help educate the public about cystinosis and the critical need for funding rare disease research.
Getting started is often the most difficult part of fundraising!
The Cystinosis Research Foundation (CRF) is here to help you plan and execute your cystinosis fundraising event. Below are a few tips to get you started.
- Brainstorm for fundraising ideas! Think about and decide what type of event would work best for you and your community. (see the list on our Fundraising Ideas page)
- Sign up as a CRF Partner to receive specific fundraising resources and support.
- Check the monthly newsletter, Star Facts and the CRF Partner Events page to see what other families are doing,
- Start the planning process – gather a team and set goals. You will need people who can help keep you organized with attention to detail. You will also need to identify potential donors, sponsors and others who will help make your event a success.
- Be willing to tell your personal story as it relates to cystinosis (are you a parent of a child with cystinosis, a relative, friend, neighbor?). Your enthusiasm and vision will inspire others and create synergy in your group.
As a CRF partner, you will have resources to assist with your fundraising efforts, below are just a few of the items we will provide:
- Sample letters created by families to raise money for research.
- Fundraising Resources (sample invitations, registration, sponsorship and gift in kind forms) to assist you in your fundraising efforts.
- A CRF cystinosis brochure that can be personalized and used at your fundraising events.
- Sample ads and fliers from past events.